My ideal role involves contributing to a collaborative team that cares deeply about good design, inclusion, mentorship, and how its work impacts the world.
I most recently worked on a product team, building features and enhancements within a design system, but I'm open to to the right fit anywhere that allows me put my skills to use for a positive impact.
I might be your guy if you need someone who:
- Is an exceptional collaborator and communicator;
- Can both code and design;
- Is a CSS whiz, including Sass, modern layout, responsive design, and fun(ctional) animation;
- Writes accessible, semantic HTML and knows the ins and outs of SVG;
- Knows their way around web performance, optimization, DNS, and troubleshooting;
- Is deeply familiar with WordPress;
- Enjoys teaching and helping others;
- Can author clear, simple, useful help docs and tutorials; and/or
- Is prolific with puns and dad jokes.
I'm also capable with:
- Ruby on Rails
- PHP and MySQL
- Regular tools of the trade like git/GitHub, NPM, CLIs and such
- Collaborating on designs, communicating with stakeholders and end users, and presenting work
I know some, and would like to learn more, about:
I'm probably NOT your guy if:
- Remote work is out of the question (potentially willing to reconsider after the pandemic is over, but flexibility is still preferred);
- Your company isn't deeply serious about DEI and anti-racism;
- High quality, inclusive design isn't a priority;
- You need somebody who's good at cleaning or closing doors (I asked my wife what I was bad at and that's what she said);
- Your culture doesn't allow people to bring their whole selves to work every day; and/or
- You can't stand dad humor.
Maker of the game Quina (web / Google Play Store); Omaha, Nebraska resident; hobby coder; author of a frequently neglected blog; font hoarder; husband; dad (with both the jokes and bod to match); fairly ordinary white dude in tech striving to be an LGBTQIA+ and BIPOC ally and advocate; cold brew addict; author of over ten thousand tweets, a few of which are decent; occasional conference speaker; pun enthusiast; accessibility and inclusion advocate; dog owner and lover; massive Nintendo fan; musician/guitarist/hack pianist/aggressively mediocre singer; liberal abuser of semicolons.